Most of the new model Chromebooks can run applications found in the Google Play Store, opening a wider functionality that is not previously available on Chrome OS. One of the most popular apps is Skype, which helps you get in touch with voice, video and text-based chat online.
Unfortunately, this does not apply to many older Chromebooks which do not always have Google Play support support. When your particular model falls in this section, there is a workbook that allows you to use sound and video calls using your webcam and microphone via Skype browser-based interface. While the Skype app does not have all the bells and spaces in use, the only alternative change in this web site is working closely with the replacement of the desktop experience.
To find out whether or not your specific Chromebook model supports Google Play apps, follow these steps.
- Click on your user photo, usually located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When the pop-out window appears, click on the settings icon - indicated by the gear.
- The Chrome OS's settings interface should now be shown. You can move down a section named Google Play Store. If you can not find this section, you will need to try the alternative algorithm found in this article, since your Chromebook does not support Google Play Store applications.
- If you find this section, please run it by selecting the Run button and then approve the Google Play Terms of Service if it is not already implemented.
- Use Skype app on your Chromebook
How to Use Skype for a Chromebook
If your Chromebook supports Google Play Store apps, Skype is the way to install it. The complete utility includes Skype Skype to provide everything in a user-friendly interface.
- Open your Chrome browser and navigate to the Skype page in the Google Play Store.
- INSTALL Click the button.
- An improvement bar will now be displayed, describing the file download process status. When finished, Skype will be automatically installed.
- When the installation is complete, select the OPEN button.
Skype now starts and encourages you to sign in or sign up for an account. To use Skype forward at any time, click the Launcher button in the lower-left corner of your screen and select the app's icon.
The first time you are logged into Skype, you will be asked whether or not to allow access to your contacts. It is optional, you can click on the Denny or Permission button. You can ask several approval questions, including the following - each will have a Denny and all the buttons.
- Let's manage skype and allow phone calls?
- Allow Skype to access photos, media, and files on your device?
- Allow Skype to record audio?
- Want to take pictures of skype and let them record the video?
Your answers to these questions will determine what capabilities if you have the use of video calls over your Chromebook's webcam. If you choose to deny some access and try to use the required function, you will need to ask again your explicit permission when making an effort.
Use Skype Web-based version on your ChromebookMicrosoft Corporation
If your Chromebook model does not use Google Play apps, Skype's web-based version is definitely a valuable alternative. From here you can access all the communication methods offered by the app.
Open your Chrome browser and go to web.skype.com.
You now have to ask to log into Skype or register for free account.
Once successfully signed in, the Skype interface will be presented as if it is not one of its applications. From here you can access phone calls, video and / or conversations and saved contacts. Send and receive contact requests from family members, friends or colleagues.
Like the Skype app, some permissions are needed to use the webcam, microphone, file system and more. The main difference is that in this case it's a Chrome browser that allows it to be used. For example, if you try a video call, the browser will allow you to use your Chromebook's camera and the built-in microphone - if you want to complete the link you want.